In preparation for the next-gen update for The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt, developer CD Projekt Red have released a new trailer placing the spotlight on what to expect from the game’s visual enhancements.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition – Next-Gen Update Trailer
About the Update
The next-gen update will add the following enhancements and additional content to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt:
- New animations for Geralt
- New animations for Geralt’s horse Roach (Roach can also walk backwards)
- Alternate Dandelion and Nilfgaardian soldier designs
- New Netflix-themed content from The Witcher TV Series including a new quest
- New voice acting to accompany new content
- 30fps mode with ray tracing enabled
- 60fps mode without ray tracing
- Improved screen space reflections
- Improved foliage
- Improved textures
- Dynamic resolution scaling
- Character model improvements
- Dynamic UI visibility toggle
- FSR 2.1 support
- DLSS 3 support
- Cross saves between all platforms
- Alternative camera
- Ability to hide the minimap
- Fall Damage alteration
- Quick sign casting
- Instant herb looting
- Photo mode (Virtual Photographers rejoice!)
- Subtitle scaling
- Cutscene pausing
- Slow walk mode
- Alternative sprint mode
- Radial menu improvements
- Fixed for broken quests (retroactive to existing saved games)
- A bunch of secrets for players to find that are not included in the patch notes!
Additionally, the update includes a curated selection of community mods that CD Projekt Red decided to include in the game as a thank you to fans. These include:
- World Map Fixes by Terg500
- Nitpicker’s Patch
- Visual Fixes by chuckcash
- The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project by HalkHogan
- FCR3 – Immersion and Gameplay Tweaks by Andrzej Kwiatkowski
- HDMR – HD Monsters Reworked Mod by Denroth.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Next Gen Update Overview
The update is free for anyone that currently owns The Witcher 3. It will be released on PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S/X on December 14, 2022.
Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PS4 players, while missing out on next-gen enhancements, will benefit from gameplay enhancements, including the Netflix-themed additions.
Finally, CD Projekt Red have confirmed that, aside from bug fixes, this will be the last update The Witcher 3 will ever get.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Collectibles
New The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt collectibles are also coming, and many older out-of-stock collectibles are being restocked, such as the The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Medallion and Chain with LED Eyes shown below:
For more The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt collectibles try the following retailers: