Developer Sloclap have released Sifu’s Fall Update, aka Patch 1.15.
The update adds a range of new features including gameplay modifiers, cheats, new outfits including a Wing Chun themed outfit, and a highly anticipated Replay Editor.
With the Replay Editor players can use a set of recording tools to create cinematic replays from within the game. Camera placement, camera movement, the ability to add affects, slow motion and more options allow players to create their own Kung Fu movies.
The update also includes three playstyle modifiers, such as the ability to unconditionally throw enemies at will. Four cheats have also been added, including a Vampire modifier, allowing you to regain your life from kills.
Sifu Fall Update (Title Update 3) Trailer
Full List of Sifu Patch 1.15 ‘Fall Update’ additions
Design – Outfits:
- Added 3 new outfits with unlock conditions (including 1 Deluxe exclusive outfit)
Design – Replay Editor:
- Added the Replay Management menu and the ability to record gameplay. Both options are available from the in-game Photo Mode menu.
- Start/End Recording: Decides when gameplay should start/stop being recorded. Some events, such as cutscenes, will automatically stop the ongoing recording, but your replay will be saved regardless.
- Replay Management: Lists all the recorded gameplay sequences (replays), and shows how much can still be recorded. Replays can be loaded (opening the editor), deleted, or reset (reverting all editing on the replay).
- Editor: Used to edit your replay. The main features are:
- Settings: Add effects similar to the Photo Mode’s over the whole replay (color, exposure, vignette, ratio…). Select the music you want to play over your replay.
- Timeline Mode: Navigate the replay and edit it through customizable keys you place on a timeline.
- Keys: Define the replay’s behavior at a specific point in the timeline. Change how the camera behaves (custom position, gameplay cam, static or moving toward the next key’s camera position, following/looking at a target…); change the playback speed past this point (slower/faster); add fading transitions… Keys can be moved, copied/pasted, or deleted.
- Free Camera: Freely place the camera, change its rotation, zoom, roll… and save these parameters into a key.
- Play Final Edit: Play your replay from the beginning, with the music you have selected. Some effects and sounds only happen through this option. The interface is hidden when playing your edit which allows you to record it with the external capture software of your choice.
Note: Some events and elements are not yet correctly replicated in replays. Sloclap have stated they plan on fixing these as well as adding new features to it in the future.
Design – Cheats/Modifiers:
- 4 Cheats added (“Structure-Craking Deflect”, “Infinite Focus”, “Free Throw”, “Starting Age”)
- 3 Modifiers added (“Pendant – Hard Death Counter”, “Health Only”, “Structure Only”)
- 1 “Student-only” Modifier added (“Vampire”)
- 21 Goals added + 1 Deluxe exclusive goal
- Tweaked the “Enemy Attack Speed – Faster” Modifier (reduced how much faster enemies attack are for better readability & aesthetics)
- Several fixes regarding existing Cheats/Modifiers (“Double Damage”, “All skills unlocked”, “Disabled skills”…)
Design – Flow:
- When starting a New Game, players are asked if they want to start with the permanent unlocked skills from other saves or not.
- When starting a New Game, players can skip the introduction and go directly to the Wuguan (if it was played once in another save).
- Adding a new slider in the Gameplay option menu “Takedown Camera Distance”.
- Various bug fixes throughout the game.
- Various fixes for The Squats.
- Some fix to improve navigation controls.
- Added main gameplay audio to the replay editor.
Sifu Patch 1.15 went live on December 8, 2022.