Developer NExT Studios have launched the open beta of their upcoming free-to-play online shooter, SYNCED.
The following is a summary of SYNCED and the Open Beta:
- SYNCED is an online match-based PvE/PvP and co-op third-person shooter.
- During the Open Beta PvE/PvP will be comprised of teams of three.
- The game is set in a near techno-apocalyptic future where, in the wake of a cataclysm known as the Collapse, nanotechnology has become the backbone of civilization.
- Nanomachines, aka Nano’s, are predatory creatures that roam the lands.
- You play as a Runner who joins the war against the Nanos. Runners are able to synchronise with Nano’s, turning them into allies.
- There are different Nano classes: Crusher, Seer, Guardian and Suppressor:
- Crushers: Pound your enemy into submission.
- Suppressors: Sentries that are perfect for long range cover.
- Guardians: Provide cover with their shield abilities.
- Seer: Supports tactical play, scouting enemies, detecting opponents early, and using decoys.
- Runner skills combined with Nano skills allow for a broad variety of tactics and combos.
- Resources looted in PvE/PvP are used to both build up your character and unlock weapons and mods. .
- Each match acts as a unique run, making SYNCED effectively a rogue-lite.
- The Open Beta launched on December 10, 2023 and will run until January 15, 2023.
- There are a limited number of servers during the beta which may cause some ping issues, an issue that won’t apply when the game finally launches.
- The beta is not available everywhere due to certain regional restrictions. The following ‘Start Time’ map provides an indicator if your region is included or not:
- Intel are offering a SYNCED Open Beta Skin giveaway (Glory Skin, aka the Smoke Jumper).
- Enter the SYNCED Open Beta Sweepstakes to win one of 3 prizes:
- Prize 1: NVIDIA RTX 3080 Graphics Card
- Prize 2: $100 Steam Gift Card
- Prize 3: $50 Steam Gift Card
SYNCED ‘Welcome to the Open Beta’ Promo Video
You can learn more about SYNCED and the Open Beta in the following ‘Welcome to the Open Beta’ promotional video:
How to Join the SYNCED Open Beta
To join the open beta:
- Visit the Steam page and click the ‘Request Access’ button.
- Browse to SYNCED in your library and click ‘Download’
- Play (You may have to wait until the developer opens up the beta to additional players as servers are limited during the beta).
Note: The developers also plan to deploy a standalone launcher from the official website in the future.
SYNCED Release Date & Platforms
Publisher Level Infinite are yet to announced a release date for SYNCED.
It will be on PC’s first, then consoles at a later date. The developers have also confirmed they are looking into providing future support for the Steam Deck.
Cross-play is also planned.
The Open Beta launched December 10, 2023 and ends January 15, 2023.