Two days ago The Lords of the Fallen received a new gameplay trailer at The Game Awards 2022 (if you missed the trailer you can watch it below), and now developers HEXWORKS and CI Games have revealed additional insight into its gameplay.
The new details come from a new blog post on Steam, the key points of which are summarized as follows:
The Lords of the Fallen Gameplay Details Summary
- The trailer was narrated by actor Milly Alcock (House of the Dragon)
- The story takes place over 1000 years since the first game, Lords of the Fallen (2014).
- The game was built specifically for PC and new gen consoles on Unreal Engine 5.
- The game’s world is split at its core between two interconnected worlds: the realm of the living and the realm of the dead.
- The two realms are interconnected, offering unique pathways, side quests, NPCs, enemies and treasures.
- NPCs will have their own motivations: some will help you, others will seek to corrupt you.
- The world is 5 times bigger than that of the original 2014 game.
- Combat is fast, fluid, tactical, and features many different weapons as well as magic.
- Stats, weapons, armour and spells can all be upgraded.
- It can be played solo or co-op.
- There will be community events with dedicated rewards.
- Online multiplayer will be seamless and uninterrupted, and players can invade.
- There are nine character classes.
- Character appearance can be fully customized.
The Lords of the Fallen Gameplay Trailer
This trailer debuted during The Game Awards 2022:
About the game:
The Lords of the Fallen is an upcoming dark fantasy action RPG that acts as a semi-reboot/sequel to the 2014 game Lords of the Fallen:
After an age of the cruellest tyranny, the demon God, Adyr, was finally defeated. But Gods… do not fall forever. Now, aeons later, Adyr’s resurrection draws nigh.
As one of the fabled Dark Crusaders, journey through both the realms of the living and the dead in this expansive RPG experience, featuring colossal boss battles, fast challenging combat, thrilling character encounters, and deep, immersive storytelling. Will your legend be one of light… or one of darkness?
Explore A Vast, Interconnected World. Journey across two expansive, parallel worlds in your epic quest to overthrow Adyr. While the living realm presents its own brutal challenges, untold terrors lurk in the nightmarish realm of the dead.
The Lords of the Fallen will be released sometime in 2023 on PS5, Xbox Series S/X and PC.