Following their massive day one patch release, Developer Squanch Games has released a second patch for their new action-comedy FPS High On Life.
The patch notes, which apply specifically to Steam players, were released December 16, 2022 via Twitter:
High on Life Patch Notes #02 (December 16 2022):
Fixes and Optimizations
- Added additional protection to save data to prevent quitting, dying, or reloading at the moment an objective completes from corrupting saves.
- Fixed Hunter Forums for Blim City failing to unlock for Downtown areas after visiting the High On Life Store.
- Fixed enemies from attacking the player while they are disguised in Goop Armor when checkpoint is reloaded.
- Fixed issue of collecting all Trading Cards not granting the “Playing Card to Get” Achievement.
- General crash and progress blocker fixes including:
- Fixed not being able to warp in the Highway Bridge.
- Fixed interact prompts disappearing or not triggering on OLE’ WET Grundy, Keycard in Clugg’s Office, the Goop Salesman.
- Fixed enemies not respawning in Coliseum upon reloading checkpoint in Douglas Mission.
- Fixed issue where guns were missing from inventory after reloading checkpoint during Nipulon Mission.
- Fixed issues where players were getting stuck outside the Douglas Boss Arena.
- Player can now return home from the Slums if they unexpectedly respawned outside of the base.
- Fixed Krubis disappearing during his Boss Battle after getting glob shotted and stabbed.
- Fixed issue of Angela Skrendel disappearing if player dies and respawns during combat near Cloning Vots.
- Fixed issue of not being able to resume gameplay from the pause menu after disconnecting and reconnecting the controller.
- Fixed disembodied player arms preventing players from being able to exit the house after completing the Final Mission.
- Fixed players unable to back out of Credits with Keyboard and Mouse.
- Fixed potential crash upon returning to the house via Slums tunnel during Blim City Invasion.
- Locked the door so player can no longer leave the house while it warps away during Blim City Invasion.
- Added movement key rebinding for Keyboard for righties and lefties.
- General collision pass throughout to help prevent the player from getting stuck or falling off the map in Blim City, Zephyr Paradise, Nipulon’s Lounge, and Dreg Town.
- General navigation pass to prevent enemies from leaving the playspace or clipping through objects.
- General audio balancing and spatialization pass across SFX, Music, and Dialogue.
- Improved visuals on projectiles for the Kenny Bounceflector Mod.
About the game:
Fresh out of high school with no job and no ambition, you’ve really got nothing going for you until an alien cartel that wants to get high off humanity invades Earth. Now, you and a team of charismatic talking guns must answer the hero’s call and become the deadliest intergalactic bounty hunter the cosmos has ever seen.
Travel to a variety of biomes and locations across the cosmos, go up against the nefarious Garmantuous and his gang of goons, collect loot, meet unique characters, and more, in the latest comedy adventure from Justin Roiland!
We have a roundup of the game’s early reviews here.
- From the co-creator of Rick & Morty and Solar Opposites.
- Similar style to Rick and Morty but not officially related in any way.
- Single player only, mature-rated.
- Play a bounty hunter who rescues and teams up with charismatic, talking guns
- Set out to hunt the nefarious Garmantuous, using the unique skills of each talking gun to deal with his gang of alien cartel goons as you go
- Travel to various planets and locations around the cosmos.
- Navigate dynamic and changing environments, such as a jungle paradise, a city build inside an asteroid, and the hub of the cosmos.
- Complete hunter challenges
- Collect alien technology
- Meet an array of weird, hilarious characters along the way
- Features text-only localized languages (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
- Optimized for the Xbox Series X/S and playable in 4K Ultra HD.
High On Life was released December 13 2022 on PC, Xbox One/Series X/S. It is a day one Game Pass release on Xbox.