Developer Squanch Games has released a massive 9GB day one patch update for their new action-comedy FPS High On Life.
The patch notes were released December 14, 2022 via Twitter:
High on Life December 14, 2022 Patch Notes:
Fixes and Optimizations
- General crash and progress blocker fixes, including bad respawns in Douglas Mission and Jetpack tutorial.
- Improved PC performance across various hardware configurations.
- Improved performance across Xbox One, and Xbox Series platforms.
- Improved UI text and button readability.
- Localization fixes for incorrect/missing translations, subtitle timing, and overall readability.
- Fixed combat music playing at inappropriate times and music getting stuck during Krubis and Douglas missions.
- Fixed Blorto’s menu to display player’s warp crystal count accurately and adding a single-purchase limit to Warp Discs
- Fixed commercials starting before the previous video completes.
- Fixed subtitles from remaining on screen after leaving the area or concluding conversations
- Improved recommended default video quality settings detection on PC
- General collision pass throughout to help prevent the player from getting stuck while venturing off the golden path on uneven terrain.
- General lookats, lipflap, and narrative animation polish pass on NPCs
- General audio balancing and spatialization pass across SFX, Music, and Dialogue
- General combat and balance passes on all Bosses and Combat Encounters
- Balance pass on the Skate Park Warp Base to earn more points per stick
- Populated Highway Warp Base to now appear after completing the game
- Improved visuals on projectiles for the Sweezy Bullet Rewind Mod
- Improved visuals on Garmantuous attacks during final battle
- Tuned slide bash to feel less floaty
- Increased draw resistance on environmental assets in Zephyr and Blim City
- Improved player control over gun and enemy combat chatter within the settings menu
- TB in the house will now continue to play videos after completing the game
- Cleaned up dialogue pacing to feel more natural during various interactions
- Enemies will despawn after their death animations fully complete on Xbox One
About the game:
Fresh out of high school with no job and no ambition, you’ve really got nothing going for you until an alien cartel that wants to get high off humanity invades Earth. Now, you and a team of charismatic talking guns must answer the hero’s call and become the deadliest intergalactic bounty hunter the cosmos has ever seen.
Travel to a variety of biomes and locations across the cosmos, go up against the nefarious Garmantuous and his gang of goons, collect loot, meet unique characters, and more, in the latest comedy adventure from Justin Roiland!
We have a roundup of the game’s early reviews here.
- From the co-creator of Rick & Morty and Solar Opposites.
- Similar style to Rick and Morty but not officially related in any way.
- Single player only, mature-rated.
- Play a bounty hunter who rescues and teams up with charismatic, talking guns
- Set out to hunt the nefarious Garmantuous, using the unique skills of each talking gun to deal with his gang of alien cartel goons as you go
- Travel to various planets and locations around the cosmos.
- Navigate dynamic and changing environments, such as a jungle paradise, a city build inside an asteroid, and the hub of the cosmos.
- Complete hunter challenges
- Collect alien technology
- Meet an array of weird, hilarious characters along the way
- Features text-only localized languages (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
- Optimized for the Xbox Series X/S and playable in 4K Ultra HD.
High On Life was released December 13 2022 on PC, Xbox One/Series X/S. It is a day one Game Pass release on Xbox.