Developer Haenir Studio has revealed new gameplay for their upcoming medieval action-horror roguelite, Blight: Survival.
Blight: Survival Gameplay Reveal Trailer
Watch the gameplay reveal, which showcases pre-alpha gameplay footage from the game:
Blight: Survival Game Details Summary
The devs have described Blight: Survival as a mix between Dark Souls and Mordhau., while taking inspiration from God of War, The Last of Us, and Red Dead Redemption.
Following is summary of the game’s features:
- Blight: Survival is an action-horror roguelite set in an alternate 14th century.
- Currently in early development by Haenir Studio, an indie studio of just two people based in Iceland.
- Features 4-player online PvE co-op but can also be played solo or duo.
- Explore a single initial huge map and pillage loot. To keep runs fresh and new, a mix of different techniques, including scripted semi-procedural missions and free roam, will be used. More maps and other biomes will be introduced later.
- Items are lost at death, but you do get one chance to recover them.
- Choose and customize a large amount of weapons and armour.
- Noisier armour, such as plate armour, will alert enemies easier than, say, leather armour.
- Includes stealth mechanics.
- There is no PvP. This is purely a co-op/solo game.
- This is not an open world game.
- Play multiple characters. XP carries over between characters.
- XP is used to unlock specific talents/traits in an RPG-style skill tree.
- Combat is melee focused and includes finishers and takedowns.
- There is no magic, but there will be ranged combat (such as Longbows).
- May included a weapon degradation (weapon’s wearing down) system.
- Engine is Unreal Engine 5. This is a next-gen release.
- Players will be able to choose male or female characters.
- Animations are mocap using Xsens motion capture suits.
- Game will be grounded in reality with creative license applied where necessary for fun gameplay
Blight: Survival Release Info
- Release date and platforms are TBA, though 2024 will be the absolute earliest.
- Will be released on PC. The developers also confirm they hope to bring the game to consoles.
- A Steam Deck release is not planned at this stage.
- An alpha and beta release will occur in due course.
- Plans also exist to release physical copies and figurines.